Sunday, February 22, 2009

Into the Depths of Darkness Go I

Into the depths of darkness go I.
You are always there to talk to,
though strangely, you never seem to answer when I call.
You simply wait for me to find you,
or maybe you wait to find me.
You always call me, and I always pick up.

"Hello?
Yes, I'm here again.
Why do you keep bothering me?
You know, you've done this to me since childhood,
always calling me and forcing me to answer your call.
I NEVER WANTED TO TALK TO YOU.
All you say to me are negative things.
And I believed all of those things
even though other people have told me not to listen to you.

I feel like I should be your best friend
since I know you so well,
But I never wanted to know you,
never wanted you to follow me.
never wanted to be your friend,
even though I craved friendship from others.
And still, you held onto me with a tight grip,
one that I could not easily escape,
beckoning me to draw myself ever closer to you.

I NEVER WANTED TO BE YOUR FRIEND.
Leave me alone!
Why do you still call when I least expect it?
when I least want to talk to you?
when I least want to hear from you?"

I never get a reply.
You never answer me.
You just sit there and talk me into believing my worthlessness.
And I,
I just sit there, and listen,
and sometimes,
I cry.

You think I am your best friend, Depression,
but I hate you,
almost as much as I hate myself.

PLEASE! GO AWAY!



This post was originally published on www.thisisby.us on Oct. 18, 2007 at 12:20am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree? Disagree? Is there something which maybe I neglected to consider? Please let me know what you think!